2004 too (was: [ANN] Alan Kay OOPSLA 97 Keynote)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Jan 24 11:45:43 UTC 2005

Marcus Denker wrote on Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:23:05 +0100
> The Video if Alan's Keynote of OOPSLA 97 is now available as a Mpeg4,
> see
>

>         http://www.esug.org/onlinesmalltalkvideos/

Thanks for making it available!

> (you need bittorrent for downloading, as it's a 550MB file).

I guess it will be a while before I get to watch it...

In the mean time, Kim Rose posted to the Squeakland list the address for
Alan's OOPSLA 2004 keynote (Turing Award) talk:

http://www.acm.org/talks/AlanKay/KayTuring.htm

There is only streaming Quicktime at 56Kbps or 768Kbps and they only
filmed him but not what he was presenting on the screen (not that much
of a problem for squeakers since we can guess what he was showing).

-- Jecel