majorShrink

Cees de Groot cg at theinternetone.net
Mon Jan 24 15:35:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm busy majorlyshrinking an image which can serve as the client
deployment base image (being wxSqueak based, I don't need Morphic etcetera
anyway). It'll be part of an NSIS installer download which I want to get
as small as possible (7.5Mb was my first target, I reached that, so I'm
now aiming for 5Mb ;)). And no, can't wait for Spoon ;)

BTW - boy, is MVC snappy on a 3.2GHz P4HT ;).

Has anyone used #majorShrink on recent images? I wonder whether it is
still functional with the KCP etcetera moving stuff around. First problem
I need to tackle is how to make my MVC project the top-level project, but
I'm sure that I'll find a way (still, snippets welcome ;)).

Our wxSqueak project is going along nicely. I'm not going to publish the
download url right away, but it's a presentable app (completely native
windows L&F) and after the first weeks of getting acknowledged with
wxWidgets, MVP, etcetera I think we can get up to speed now so maybe I'll
have something in a couple of weeks.