majorShrink

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jan 24 20:18:46 UTC 2005

On 24/01/05 12:35, "Cees de Groot" <cg at theinternetone.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm busy majorlyshrinking an image which can serve as the client
> deployment base image (being wxSqueak based, I don't need Morphic etcetera
> anyway). It'll be part of an NSIS installer download which I want to get
> as small as possible (7.5Mb was my first target, I reached that, so I'm
> now aiming for 5Mb ;)). And no, can't wait for Spoon ;)
>
> BTW - boy, is MVC snappy on a 3.2GHz P4HT ;).
>
> Has anyone used #majorShrink on recent images? I wonder whether it is
> still functional with the KCP etcetera moving stuff around. First problem
> I need to tackle is how to make my MVC project the top-level project, but
> I'm sure that I'll find a way (still, snippets welcome ;)).
>
> Our wxSqueak project is going along nicely. I'm not going to publish the
> download url right away, but it's a presentable app (completely native
> windows L&F) and after the first weeks of getting acknowledged with
> wxWidgets, MVP, etcetera I think we can get up to speed now so maybe I'll
> have something in a couple of weeks.
Cees:
I could send you a 3.6  MVC image with some network and FFI support and
weighting 2 mb.
I take Bert shrink (based in Jon) and do same other things as add
StringCompiler for remote command .
I not figure yet how intercept debug messages to send back to control image
what could be whatever Squeak you like, mine is Squeak3.8g-6548.image loaded
with John Pierce full building script
Smalltalk size is  430 and do not have any Obsoletes.

Waiting any comments.

Edgar