[Maybe Spam] Re: Swiki vandalized

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Jan 27 17:39:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:02:03 -0800, Dave Hylands <dhylands at gmail.com>
wrote:
> You could also have two levels of "Apprentice", one lowest level which
> you acquire by just existing (i.e. automatic) and the next level
> requires asking. Only people with Apprentice-II or higher would be
> allowed to edit the wiki.

Perseonally, I'm a bit hesitant to view the whole SqP
Apprentice/Journeyer/Master thingy as a hierarchy. Certainly I wouldn't
like Masters overriding Journeyers at will, etcetera. Now, I know that if
this thing works Masters won't be stupid enough to abuse their powers, but
still... Therefore I tried to limit my Terminus Wiki demo to simple
things, and most of them in the case of wiki's should come down to: either
you're an Apprentice (which is really easy to become) or better; or you
aren't. In the latter case you are not yet a full member of the community
(I like the word 'Observer' for this role) and therefore regarded with a
bit of distrust and limited in the amount of harm you can do until you
gain trust. A sort of careful tit-for-tat-strategy ;)