Let us face reality

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at lazarevic.de
Thu Jan 27 21:52:08 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot schrieb:
> Just in case that this might happen, I'll setup a mirror of Squeak.org
> on  the SqF box ;). It's probably easiest - if The Powers That Be agree
> - to  start with running the same site, and then slowly grow it into
> something  more beautiful and more useful.

Why put the cart before the horse? Why don't answer the whos, whats and
hows first? Only a few I can think of are:

Who is going to work on this?
What services should the website offer?
How should the site be set up? (Plain HTML, CMS, Seaside, whatever, ...)

After answering at least the first question a working group might answer
the remaining questions and then start building a test site. If this
turns out to be something substantial better than what's now on
squeak.org I can't imagine it will be a big problem to redirect that
address then.

All in all I believe that a hasty move to redirect squeak.org to a
mirror now just buys us nothing if there are only hazy ideas of what
will happen after that.

Alex