Why I asked (was: How might I set the cursorpoint? )

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Jan 27 22:30:23 UTC 2005

Am 27.01.2005 um 01:38 schrieb Tim Rowledge:

> Ah, you've spotted the real weakspot of Squeak - too much left over
> crud from unfinished and abandoned experiments and no documentation of
> intent. Infuriating isn't it?

How true.

Anyway, here's what we actually needed: raw mouse delta events, that
is, a relative movement of the mouse that should not move the pointer
(we hide it anyway) and which is not restricted by the screen extent.
This is necessary for 3D navigation where a horizontal mouse movement
should result in a 360 degrees or more turn.

Now it would be nice if there was a primitive for this, but we can
still  emulate it by moving the pointer to its previous location after
each mouse move.

Now it would be nice if there was a primitive for this ... ;-)

- Bert -