Making Squeak look like Windows

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Jul 1 00:22:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:10:52 -0700, Ramon Leon <rleon at insario.com> wrote:

> Load package from squeakMap Win32 native Fonts, huge improvement.

On a clean install of 3.8:

-> an error message that the squeakmap servers are down (map1 and map2 at
squeak foundation, map at squeak, and anakin)
-> when attempting to install WIn32 Native fonts, the usual barrage of "no
release for your version/no release at all/are you sure?" ends with "Error
occurred during install: can't find EOCD position. The problem seems to be
in the ZipArchive object.

> Load package named LookEnhancements from http://squeak.saltypickle.com/,
> it'll make the windows look and feel better.

This was painless. (Yay!) My Squeak seems to be very sluggish in resizing
panes/windows. I believe I have it matched with my OS (32-bit little
endian, for 32-bit depth on Wintel).

> World menu, appearance, window colors, just click white, get's rid of
> all the goofy colors and makes everything look more like windows, grey
> windows with white backgrounds.

But that's so...dull.<s>