www.squeak.org finally updated

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Sat Jul 2 02:45:26 UTC 2005

One other thing I noticed. Last night I downloaded Squeak 3.8 Full
(Squeak3.8-current-MacOS-full.dmg) for Mac OSX from www.squeak.org.
When I ran it, I discovered that I could not load updates, connect to
Squeakmap, connect to any Monticello repository, from within the VM.
At first, I thought it was my machine's connectivity, but then...

I launched another 3.8 VM I had downloaded before (I forgot where I
got it from) (Squeak3.8-6665-MacOS-Full.dmg). This one works like a
charm.

Any clues? Hope this helps the maintainers. Sorry I can't be more
specific but my overall knowledge is not there for me to point you
into what needs to be looked at.

Thanks,
Daniel

On Jul 1, 2005, at 10:12 PM, Doug Way wrote:

> http://www.squeak.org is looking good.  Nice work, everyone!
>
> Just noticed something "interesting", though... http://
> www.squeak.org is properly pointing to 3.8 as the current version,
> but http://squeak.org is still pointing to 3.7!  And squeak.org is
> missing the other recent edits such as the ftp.squeak.org references.
>
> - Doug
>

> On Jun 28, 2005, at 4:58 AM, goran at krampe.se wrote:
>

>> Hi folks!
>>
>> Just edited www.squeak.org a bit (fixed some stuff that simply is
>> outdated) and most importantly went over the download page with
>> the 3.8
>> release and some new links (Master unix and win32 site for example).
>>
>> Also, Tim, the first link on your master site below is barfed:
>>
>>     http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/RISCOSSqueak.html
>>
>> People, please look over the download page and report if there are
>> any
>> things that are wrong.
>>
>> Also modified the links so that the primary download URLs are
>> "ftp://ftp.squeak.org/...". And yeah, if anyone wants to set up a
>> mirror
>> then check out:
>>
>>     ftp://ftp.squeak.org/MIRRORING.txt
>>
>> ..and report back if you actually do set one up (so that we can
>> link to
>> it).
>>
>> regards, Göran

Daniel Salama
dsalama at user.net
Voice: (954) 655-8051
Fax  : (954) 252-3988

This e-mail contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to
receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose
to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail to dsalama at user.net or
tel. +1-954-655-8051 and delete the material from any computer.