www.squeak.org finally updated

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jul 2 10:42:35 UTC 2005

> The visitors perspective looks similar, a visitor of squeak.org
> wants to be informed about Squeak and not be sent away.
>
> Regarding the style I have to say that I like the old site much
> more. It has an idiosyncratic charm, the new site looks like
> thousands of other sites. Even the font and font size of old
> "crappy" squeak.org is more inviting for a further read.

Excellent. We are all really happy to know that!!!
....But may be you are the only one.
I'm not saying that the new one is the one I expected but some people
do not dare to say that they are doing Squeak because people laugth
at them. I know companies that are fighting to be able to use Squeak
and Smalltalk and they do not mention Squeak because of the web-site
and we have to help these people.

...But may be you do nothing really serious with Squeak to have these
kind of problems.
I'm not sure that this is a chance.

My goal is to help people willing to build any kind of software
artefacts in Squeak to be proud of it and have less barriers and the
web site is a huge one.

Stef