Squeak's "general acceptance"

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Jul 3 04:09:55 UTC 2005

If Squeak is to be accepted into the business community at large, I would
say the website is way less imporant than the ability to slap down a grid,
hook it up to a database, and do some sort of live interaction.

It's not really exciting--though it'd be nice to see Smalltalk principles
applied--but it's fundamental.

I have a project right now I'd like to do in seaside, but it requires me
to be able to read and display a table on the web, something easily done
in other environments, but not in Squeak.

Just an opinion. I keep looking for places to use Squeak in a business
context. Database connectivity and display is key.