www.squeak.org finally updated

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jul 3 08:52:31 UTC 2005

On 2 juil. 05, at 20:05, Andreas Raab wrote:

>> My goal is to help people willing to build any kind of software
>> artefacts in Squeak to be proud of it and have less barriers and
>> the  web site is a huge one.
>
> That's a worthwhile goal but no reason to call the existing website
> "crappy" in particular given that it's look is visually more
> appealing and has better and even more relevant information than
> the new website.

Crappy was a bit strong but this is clearly outdated. But now if we
want to give the impression that squeak is a toy, we meet the
objective. For the contents this is strange since we copied the
information of the current web site. At least before I left the
website team

So on one hand you tell me that the new web site is better (even if
some screenshots are missing)
and now that this is not the case. What kind of game are you playing
andreas? may be you goal is not that the community grows after
all....I find that curious.

> Regards,
>   - Andreas
>
> PS. And I find your claim about companies not mentioning Squeak
> "because of the website" very, very strange. If that were true I'm
> not sure that those companies do understand very much about Squeak
> and its strengths.

Sure tell that I'm lying if this is what you want to imply. You can
say to netStyle people that they are idiot too.
But this is what they are living daily. May be adrian will reply on
this one?

But I get such as kind of answer from you I'm really wondering what
kind of game you are playing.