overlapsAny:, having trouble using

Dave Briccetti daveb at davebsoft.com
Tue Jul 5 04:01:04 UTC 2005

Scott, thanks. I like the example, and it works for me in 3.8 6665.
"Indicate all siblings" (thanks for the tip) does indicate that all the
objects are siblings. I don't know what could be the trouble except that
the objects are dynamically generated with Morph makeSiblings: :

makeTargets
| morph |
    self removeTargets.
    morph _ Target costume.
    targets _ morph makeSiblings: self getNumTargetsRequested.
    Transcript show: targets class; cr.

    targets do: [:n |
        n position: (500 atRandom @ 500 atRandom).
        n show.
    ].
    ^ self

The logic works if I use "color sees," as you can see in this script
that uses one of the two approaches depending on the value of the
"altColDetectMethod" variable.

Perhaps I could post the project somewhere and you, or someone, could
take a look at it. I'd love to have feedback anyway, as I'm trying to
teach some of these things to kids and I'd like to know if there are
better ways of doing things.

Dave