www.squeak.org finally updated

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Jul 5 20:17:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 12:31 -0500, Mark P. McCahill wrote:
> On the new www.squeak.org site, this page
>
>      http://www.squeak.org/features/speech.html
>
> has a dead link to the Klatt speech synthesis stuff
> on page that no longer exists at this location:
>     http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/1112.html
>
> I think this should point to
>     http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1112
> instead.

Fixed.

> ...and in looking for someone to report this to, I realized
> that there is no apparent web master for the site. We might
> want one, so that there is a clear way to report trouble.

Let's not forget that these changes are resulting from a desire to
distribute duties such as this among the community as much as possible.
So sending a message to the list is actually fine although providing a
more specific subject would have made it less likely that this request
would have been missed.

For changes to the 'old' site you can do worse than sending an email to
the 'administrators' of the system who have the ready access to make
such changes.  You can do that by sending an email to
box-admins at discuss.squeakfoundation.org which is a mailing list but open
to submissions by all.

As far as the new site goes they also have a list
website at discuss.squeakfoundation.org and I would recommend that if they
have not already done so that they open up their list to submissions by
non-subscribers so that support requests can be handled by the team as a
whole.  Alternatively they might consider setting up a seperate
'support' list that is open to all submissions.

Ken