Squeak's "general acceptance"

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 6 00:30:51 UTC 2005

John Pierce <john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lastly, here's a thought. What if we don't ever have a whiz bang grid
in
> Squeak? What if we don't have such cool pedestrian components such
that we
> don't ever seem to attract the thousands of uninspired business app
> developers? Do we care? What are we missing out on?
In a technical sense, nothing very interesting. But, the ability to do
a decent job on BoringBusinessBits(tm) might lead to more people being
able to make a living using Squeak, which in turn might help with
development in other areas. After all, if you're able to make money out
of Corporate Elbonia and want to see general improvements in Squeak to
help increase that income then you're sure to end up sending me money
to improve performance or port to ElboniaSoft Doorways '06.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Computer possessed? Try DEVICE=C:\EXOR.SYS