Simple multiplayer game programming advice wanted

Dave Briccetti daveb at davebsoft.com
Wed Jul 6 17:21:37 UTC 2005

Hi Howard. With the likes of you and Alan Kay nudging me towards
Croquet, I think I'd be wise to give it some serious thought. You make
an excellent point about TCP/IP being at a too-low level. I'm making
progress, though. I first taught sending raw byte streams in C++, and
then moved to serialized objects in Java, and now I'm looking at
serialized request/response objects in Squeak (thanks Chris Muller who's
helping me play with "ma client server").

I looked at some of your blogs. You're quite interesting (and prolific).

Thanks for taking an interest. And thank you to the other folks who have
offered ideas.

Dave