Squeak's "general acceptance"

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Jul 7 04:04:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:39:06 -0700, Andrew Greenberg <werdna at mucow.com>
wrote:

> Let's recap this all too oft-repeated thread:
>
>      1.    Squeak is not generally accepted.
>      2.    Generally accepted platforms have feature X
>      3.    Squeak should have feature X to become generally accepted.

X was the website. We then did (my fault, I guess):

	4. Feature Y is more important than feature X for GA.
	5a. You mean feature Y2*? 'cause we have that.
	5b. So what?
	5c. We have feature Y, or will have it in spades shortly.

I really didn't mean to be as, em, =thoroughly= discussed as it was--it
was a casual observation--but since I didn't know about Y2 (Seaside table
presentation) I'm glad it was.

	===Blake===

* A hollow voice says "Plugh"