accessibility, not grids

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:00:08 UTC 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 1:01 PM, John H Woods wrote:

> The relationship between tables, trees and graphs has been a great
> source of
> interest to me for over a decade, and I would be ecstatic to work
> with people
> interested in developing a tool which allowed each of the
> perspectives to be
> displayed.
>
> My current view is that the columns and rows of matrices can
> usually be grouped
> into meaningful trees, and that the matrix elements represent the
> interactions
> between one tree and another.
>
> If this doesn't make any sense, try the free trial download from
> Quantrix, and
> lets talk some more about it.

Or watch the flash demo on the Quantrix site: http://www.quantrix.com/
tour/tour.php .  It gives a pretty good sense of the model, if you
ignore the somewhat pretentious narration.

For those on Mac OS X, Flexisheet is a nice (though incomplete) BSD
licensed implementation of the same ideas, in Cocoa:
http://www.materialarts.com/FlexiSheet/

Avi