memory and VM issues

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 14 20:06:57 UTC 2005

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately, when I try running with either 100m or 300m fixed size,
> I get an error.  Since I'm constraining it to less memory than it
> "wants" to use (though more than I think it should need), this
> probably isn't a bug.  Perhaps it's a clue?  Here's the error:

It sounds like you need to be careful how you write the command line.
On Debian, something like this should work:

	squeak -memory 100m      "to use squeak.image"

	squeak -image foo  -memory 100m    "to use foo.image

Otherwise, it can end up treating the "-memory 100m" part as arguments
to be passed into the image instead of arguments to the VM itself.

-Lex