Buggy behavior when building a window

Ralph Boland ralphpboland at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 23:45:54 UTC 2005

I have attached code which I can't seem to get
to work.  It's surely a misunderstanding of how
the GUI code works on my part and not a Squeak bug.
Could someone check it out and tell what I am doing
wrong.

I have made the code showing the problem as simple as
possible.  Just install the .st file and run

	"GuiBug open"

It will show two textMorphs correctly located in the
window.
But some string text that should remain between the
two
text morphs (even after scaling the window; this is my
problem, getting the string text to remain between the
text morphs.) is at the wrong place (the top of the
screen).

Now click on the "parser tab".  Here we see the same
morphs but I have added the code to correctly place
the string morphs (or any collection of morphs)
between the text morphs (even after scaling).  This
works.
However now, (and this is my/Squeak's bug) the
textMorphs now extend beyond the right of the window
(as does the tab list).
As far and I can tell I have written the
"parser tab page" code correctly.
So why doesn't it work.

(This looks like a Squeak bug but its too simple to
be one so it must be a misunderstanding on my part.)

Thanks in advance.

Ralph Boland

P.S.  For those knowing little about building GUIs
(like me) but wanting to know more, this code might be
fun to look at.

P.S.  I currently use yahoo mail for sending/receiving
mail and have just discovered (after a year)
that Yahoo tacks ads to the end of outgoing mail
so if you see such an ad at the end of this email
take it to mean that YAHOO SUCKS!