[Q] Unicode in Squeak

Sungjin Chun chunsj at embian.com
Fri Jul 15 06:02:15 UTC 2005

I've managed to use/create Korean(actually unicode with UTF-8
encoding) environment where I can read Korean(and other UTF-8 encoded
characters if my font supports them).
The main problem is that Squeak uses Latin1/ISO-8859-1 as default
character set instead of Unicode/UTF-8 and many code assumes Latin1
as default one. I have to make some modification for this(but only
very small modification is just needed). And font creation is easy.
(But I cannot figure out how to import from non unicode character set
bdf font) Thank you very much you guys who create unicode system in
squeak.