memory and VM issues

Josh Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Fri Jul 15 19:35:35 UTC 2005

On Jul 15, 2005, at 3:10 PM, Alan Grimes wrote:

> Re:Closed Source drivers.
>
> Just Say No(tm).

Why, exactly?  There would be no Croquet project if we followed this
advice.  Such a policy of abstinence
will not change the world; your impact on the market will not be any
greater than if you simply join the billions on
the planet who don't have access to computers.

IMHO, it's best not to restrict yourself, and instead take advantage
of what is currently available if you want to
change the status quo.

(Not that I can't understand where you are coming from... I felt the
same for several years, but I feel that I now
have a more accurate view of what sorts of actions can and cannot
result in real change.  You are welcomed
to convince me otherwise)

Josh