Making Squeak look like Windows

Jeff Sparkes jsparkes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:07:12 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Fernando <fernando at easyjob.net> wrote:
> >> Load package from squeakMap Win32 native Fonts, huge improvement.
>
> >Hi just did this, but I still have a weird font on my code panes. I trie dto >change it by
> >clicking on background and selecting 'System fonts'. Whenever I click on any of the type
> of fonts, I get a wallkbak complaining that UndefinedObject does not understand
> #copyWithout:

I haven't touched that package in quite a while.  I just re-packaged
some stuff from Andreas, and added a couple of changes to immediately
change the fonts in all of the windows.

I haven't done anything because I want to figure out if it still makes
sense in a TTF world, but have never spent the time to check out the
other font implementation alternatives. This package installs a new
plugin, and it probably should use a different font renderer now.

With all the changes in squeak in the past three years, it's hard to
guess what's gone wrong.

>From the debugger trace, it looks like there's a problem with setting
a deriative font, either a bold or italic version.  This is in
Andreas' code, not mine.  I'm leaving on a two week vaction today, but
I will try to look at it after then.   I can pretend to be a
responsible maintainer.   :-)

One thing it points out is that Squeak needs a much better font
picker; I keep starting one and then life and/or work intrudes.