Squelenium: Selenium driver for squeak

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Mon Jul 18 02:29:41 UTC 2005

My first crack at a Selenium
(http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/index.html) driver for Squeak is
available.  Selenium is an in-browser (javascript) testing framework.  A
"selenium driver" allows a remote application to drive the javascript
allowing integration into existing unit tests.  My long term plan is to
allow fairly transparent combinations of "SeasideTesting" tests and
Selenium tests so one can test live requests and other javascript
features).  At this point I have a working driver and sample code to
test static documents (you'll need to download selenium and put it in
...path-to-squeak/FileRoot/selenium).  BTW: Selenium 0.5.0, the most
recent, has a bug which makes remote driven apps not work...you'll have
to use 0.4.0 until they release 0.6.0 which promises to fix the
problem.  That cost me an hour or two...

I've given Read/Write access to the project on SqueakSource:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/Squelenium'
    user: ''
    password: ''