any book or tutorial on Squeak for TTF support

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Jul 20 13:33:30 UTC 2005

  Hello,

  Squeak comes with its own vector graphics engine, and the TTF for
generic text is rendered by the engine.  The loaded TTF metric info is
converted to the internal format suitable to the engine.

  The text renderer doesn't support any sofiscated shaping and
ligature that is needed to render indian scripts.  There are a lot of
things to be done.

  The best resource is the source code, I have to say.  Look at
classes called TTCFont, and put a line something like:

char = $X ifTrue: [self doOnlyOnce: [self halt]].

into #computeForm: method or somewhere to understand how it works.

  Hope this helps,

-- Yoshiki