memory and VM issues

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 20 20:42:25 UTC 2005

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> Is this the right procedure for all platforms, or just Mac?
> Specifically, I'm intersted in building for Linux.  VMMaker38b3.mcz
> does not sound as if it's intended for Unix :)
VMMaker is never, ever, ever, meant for any one platform.

I build VMMaker on my RISC OS machine, test it as much as I can and
release a version to the main port team. If I get no complaints I put
it on SM. As we move ahead there tend to be periods where the public
version and development version(s) get out of step but really, what
else could one expect? At some point we will almost certainly be doing
an atomic blast change that will mean having to have new VMS and images
that match. It isn't possible (or practical) to do everything
completely backward compatibly. We're probably going to move everything
over to java syntax soon.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful random insult:- Lights are on but nobody's home.