memory and VM issues

Sachin Desai smdesai at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 22 06:20:43 UTC 2005

Thanks Tim. I downloaded VMMaker and followed John's instructions
from an earlier mail and I was able to successfully build a working
VM for Mac OSX.

I built the VM using both gcc3.3 and gcc4.0. The one built with
gcc3.3 did not perform as well as the 3.7.5Beta3 that I've been using
for Croquet, the frame rates were about half that of the 3.7.5 VM and
it took a long time for the AnnotationMorph to appear. The one built
with gcc4.0 is as fast and seems to be working well.

Thanks very much to the both of you for your help.

-- Sachin.