[ENH] ExplorerSpeedup-efc

Eddie Cottongim cottonsqueak at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 23 18:29:10 UTC 2005

Matej Kosik wrote:

> Suggestion:
>
> If it had sense it would be advantageous to do the same enhancement
> also for the horizontal scrolling.

I think that the one set of changes should improve horizontal scrolling
as well - the basic problem is more with drawing and event handling than
the scrolling mechanism. Unless you mean scrolling a horizontally
oriented list, which is something I have thought about but not tried.
Does that sound right? If I've missed a case I'll be happy to look at it.

The changes to the event handling were more invasive than I first
thought so I will be giving them a good test drive before I send a new
version. In particular I've refactored MorphicEventHandler, which I
think is probably a worthwhile change in its own right. There were three
nearly identical submorph scans, which I've managed to consolidate to
one method. Then its easy to override the submorph scan strategy if a
morph has a better way to do it.

Eddie