TactaPad

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jul 23 20:00:23 UTC 2005

David Faught <dave_faught at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is a very interesting input device!  It looks like it's not
> available now though.  Too bad!
That _is_ interesting. Looks a bit small though, I rather suspect it
twists ones elbows inwards quite a bit, like a too-small keyboard. Nice
concept for making full use of two hands. I could see delegating one
finger to pointer and having some others triggering menus (like middle
and right button) and in suitable apps you could use chording quite
naturally. Not to mention playing actual chords. The general idea would
be a nice replacement for the too-small trackpads on most laptops.

I wonder if it works reasonably for keyboard input? Perhaps for
occasional use, like entering a few words in a graphics oriented world.
Probably not so good for typing a novel though. Not that I've actually
done that. My novels are all written in green crayon in sleazy spacers
bars. :-)

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim