Squeakmap servers down?

Matej Kosik kosik at fiit.stuba.sk
Thu Jul 28 09:51:07 UTC 2005

Iede Snoek wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi

> Could it be that that the squeakmap servers are down, or is my internet
> connection doing strange things? I have loaded the latest 3.8 image and
> I can't get updates, nor install anything from squeakmap.
>
> Thx in advance for your replies.
>
> Grtz,
>
> Iede Snoek

I have tried this image from

	http://ftp.squeak.org/3.8/win/Squeak3.8-current-win-full.zip

(on Debian GNU/Linux) and I have got the following message:

	"All code update servers seems to be unavailable."

when I tried to load code updates. When I tried to open SqueakMap
package loader, after looong time I have seen this

	"Error occured when updating map:
	All SqueakMap master servers seem to be down:
	map1.squeakfoundation.org
	map2.squeakfoundation.org
	map.squeak.org
	anakin.bluefish.se

	Can not update SqueakMap...
	Would you like to open a debugger?

The debugger windows looks as follows:

	http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/debugger.png

Weird thing, nonetheless, is that there are versions of Squeak which
apparently do not have problems with updating and squeakmapping. For
these reasons I have recently moved to
	Squeak3.9a-6678.image
There SqueakMap Package Loader works well. I would otherwise also use
the 3.8 if everything were OK.

Regards
--
mk