LookEnhancements enhancement

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:23:24 UTC 2005

Hi Adrian,

On 7/28/05, Adrian Lienhard <adi at netstyle.ch> wrote:

> yes, quite fatal: during installation there's an exception and trying
> to open the debugger crashed my image...

I'm curious if the latest edition has this same problem. I corrected a
seemingly hard dependency upon SystemProgressMorph and made it softer in the
#initialize of one of the classes loaded in (using Smalltalk at:
#SystemProgressMorph technique). Might want to try again with 3.7 and let me
know just so I have the data point.

There is one thing more that could be improved, if you don't
> mind ;-): resizing the window is really slow. Maybe there is a
> preference I have not found to turn off redrawing of the window when
> resizing (just as it is done for dragging the window or resizing panes)?

I'll look at that. I don't think there was this feature in Morphic before
LookEnhancements, right? So this would probably be a new feature to consider
and I will take a look and see how hard it will be.

John
--
It's easy to have a complicated idea. It's very very hard to have a simple
idea. -- Carver Mead