First attempt at SVG for squeak

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jul 29 23:01:38 UTC 2005

Gary Chambers puso en su mail :

> Works with stock 3.7 and 3.8 image.
> I have tested this (worried because its my first upload!).
>
> As in the SqueakMap description, this is a first attempt,
> it works with simple svgs, and more complex ones (maybe with artifacts).
> It is far from complete (no text support for starters, and enders,
> probably!).
>
> Additonally, Arcs are approximated with Bezier curves and some of the other
> SVG privitives are
> not yet directly supported.
>
> If you wish to test then some of the samples provided with
> Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) work ok (especially tux.svg!).
>
> Hope this helps.
Gary :
I very appreciate this kind of work.
I start and never finished some when collaborate with the mac port of
GraphViz from John Pierce.
Look for [GOODIE] MacOSXGraphVizGenerator-dd and
GraphViz Color selector (was Re: [ANN] GraphViz for Squeak)
As I have several very complex svg originated from MorphicSplitter work (as
attached), maybe I was very impatient for a Squeak SVG reader.

Continue the good work !!

Edgar