First attempt at SVG for squeak

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at edu.juntaextremadura.net
Sun Jul 31 16:45:13 UTC 2005

El dom, 31-07-2005 a las 10:25 +0100, "Gary Chambers"
<gazzaguru at btinternet.com> escribió:

Great, all the graphics that in the previous version caused primitive
fails are working now. The only graphics I can not see yet are those
with problems with the gradient keys.

Now that I can see much more graphics I have detected some problems
else.  I have upload to example files for you to testing, they are at:
www.itais.net/sea.svg and www.itais.net/castle.svg.
In sea.svg you just can see as the colours are wrong. In castle.svg you
also can see a funny error: the castle gate is drawn upside down.

About my previous mail, It is clear I didn't express myself well in my
poor english. I will try it again: when picking up a SVGgroup , the size
of the morph is the size of the sheet where it was drawn. I would like
to see the size of the morph reduced to the size of the drawing. It is
similar to sketchMorphs: Using, for instance, The Gimp program, you draw
a bitmap graphic in a 400x800 pixels sheet, but the background is
transparent and the drawing inside the sheet is only 48x48 pixels sized.
When you import the png in Squeak, the sketchMorph size is only 48x48
pixels, not 400x800. In this case, the drawing is easier to handle.

Finally, do you have intention to implement a method or put a menu to
adjust the antialiasing level?