Code example repository

Romain Robbes romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch
Wed Jun 1 12:04:11 UTC 2005

>> p.s. I am working on making the connection between methods and
>> tests explicit, so that the tests would show up directly besides
>> their tested methods.
>> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~gaelli/oneMethodCommands.png
>> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~gaelli/oneMethodExampleBrowser.png
>> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~gaelli/UnitTestTaxonomy.pdf
>>

> Sounds very interesting, please announce the SqueakMap entry when
> it gets there... ;-)

In the meantime, BrowseUnit can links methods and tests using a
heuristic rather than specifying explicit relations
in the tests. So BrowseUnit often links a test with several methods,
which is fuzzier.

A version sent on the list (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/
pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-March/074839.html)
had related methods showing in the same browser, using the mechanism
displaying the class definition
and comment pane simultaneously. Yet it proved to be too slow to be
updated at each method change,
so this information is displayed on-demand in the current version.

Romain