Some VW to Squeak questions

Torsten Sadowski moehl at akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 7 18:56:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to port Jun (at least partially I need the DXF parser) to
Squeak. I did use fileOut30 on VW and now I try to fileIn the various
parts by commenting out offending code.

That UIPainter and MenuEditor code does not work is quite clear to me. But
could someone tell me what is wrong with

request: (#jun_What_is_your_name_ >> 'What is your name?') asString

which gives (#jun<-Nothing more expected

Another problem is

getWindow
	^self getView ifNil: [nil] ifNotNil: [:aView | aView topComponent]!

where I get

topComponen<- NotNil arg of ifNil:ifNotNil: must be a 0-argument block
->t]

Any hints are appreciated.

Torsten