Testing ExtendedSerialPort on Linux

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jun 8 17:07:04 UTC 2005

I've sent you a copy of the header file.
I believe Ned worked on it for linux, the original work was done
under OpenBSD.
If someone can put together a unix version we'll see about putting it
into the SVN tree

That of course includes fiddling with the Smalltalk side since *all*
of the logic is in Smalltalk.

On Jun 8, 2005, at 7:21 AM, Samir Saidani wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I'm playing with your work on Extended Serial Port. I looked onto the
> code, and think that it should be possible to open a file like
> '/dev/tty0' and write and read into it, is it right ? It's should be
> more interesting than SerialPort since '/dev/ttyS0' is
> hard-coded... But when I produce the plugin with VMMaker, it asks for
> SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.h Can you tell me the first step to get it
> working on linux ?
>
> Thanks !
> Samir
>
> --
> Samir SAIDANI
> PhD Student in CS / Doctorant en informatique     web : http://
> www.info.unicaen.fr/~saidani
> Universite de Caen - Laboratoire GREYC          tel : 02-31-56-74-30
> Equipe MAD - Campus II - 14032 Caen Cedex       fax : 02-31-56-76-30

===