sar builder/package info in 3.8

Matej Kosik kosik at fiit.stuba.sk
Thu Jun 9 19:51:26 UTC 2005

radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> I'm moving from squeak 3.6 to 3.8 and I wanted to create a sar archive
> (for squeakmap distribution), however the old SARBuilder tool doesn't
> work in 3.8 because all the fileout methods are gone from PackageInfo ...
>
> how I am supposed to build sars now?

Hi,

Maybe the attached gzipped directories will help you as an example. This is the way, I hitherto thougt, how SARs should be created

The `ScaleMorph2', for example, contains the following stuff

	ScaleMorph2
	ScaleMorph2/Makefile
	ScaleMorph2/Distribution
	ScaleMorph2/Distribution/install
	ScaleMorph2/Distribution/install/preamble
	ScaleMorph2/Distribution/ScaleMorph2.st

When I have a new version of `ScaleMorph2.st' file, I copy it to this directory and in `ScaleMorph2' directory I type

	make

The purpose of `preamble' should be described somewhere. These are the commands which are performed at the SAR loading time. There are placed commands which load particular `*.st' or `*.cs' or intall other packages from SqueakMap.

I build SARs this way. I am not sure whether you need and can use this method.

> (no I can't put mcz on SM, I have 5 packages that I need to distribute
> as one unit)
>
> rado

Pozdravuje,

Mato