about 3.9alpha

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 10 06:11:11 UTC 2005

Hi Stef,

OK, sorry I misunderstood I thought you ment help testing the update from 3.8
to 3.9 in your previous email.

I have tried the update before I realized it, because I wanted to try latest
3.9alpha, so FWIW, here's what hapened

I did:
	- download 3.8 Full from http://box1.squeakfoundation.org/files/3.8/
        - ran the 3.8 Full image under squeak version =
        	3.8a-1 #1 Tue Mar 22 14:09:10 PST 2005 ccache
		Squeak3.8gamma of '24 November 2004' [latest update: #6548]
	- Squeak asked "Do you want to check for updates" - answered Yes Update ->
Squeak Public Updates, 0 updates
        - executed in workspace: SystemVersion newVersion:'Squeak3.9alpha'
        - saved image as Squeak3.9alpha.image
        - restarted squeak with Squeak3.9alpha.image
	- Squeak asked "Do you want to check for updates" - answered Yes Update ->
Squeak Public Updates. When loading:
        	Error1: Loading 6537, Server Name Not Found and other errors, finally
abandod.
		Restarted update, 9 more updates after tat, no more errors
        - saved
        - did a few very simple things with Projects, Morphs etc
        - simple stuff looks good

Then I wanted to use it as webserver instead of 3.7 I use now, so I:
	- OPened SqueakMap PackageLoader
        	- When Loading it: error occured when updating map:
UndefinedObject>>allInstances. Proceeded, but keeps repeating, finally
abandoned it

So I was unable to open PackageLoader ... Perhaps a known problem anyway (I
don't need to fix it in any way, just thought I'd report it as I've already
kept the log)

milan