upTo and accentued characters

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Jun 13 15:01:42 UTC 2005

hi all

in 3.8 final, I have a file named BD4TabsDelimited.txt which contains =20=

the following

'        Achille Talon    Greg        Pas de piti=8E pour achile talon
balblbalblablabl'

when I do
     (FileStream fileNamed: 'BD4TabsDelimited.txt').
     (stream upTo: Character cr)
I get
'        Achille Talon    Greg        Pas de piti'

and not
'        Achille Talon    Greg        Pas de piti=8E pour achile talon'

So I found that I get a much better result:

testAccents
     "self run: #testAccents"

     |stream |
     self halt.
     stream :=3D (MultiByteFileStream fileNamed: =
'BD4TabsDelimited.txt').
     stream converter: Latin1TextConverter new.
     (stream upTo: Character cr)

     now I get:
                     Achille Talon    Greg        Pas de piti=B6 pour =20=

Achille talon    13    1976    Dargaud    "sur la couverture ""une =20
histoire du journal tintin"""

but not with =8E so I tried to convert to isoToSqueak but the accent =20
did not show up.
Any idea?

Stef