Why the BFAV server continues to operate

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Jun 17 14:50:54 UTC 2005

1.  Even though we are moving all NEW issues to Mantis that still leaves
many many open issues that were started before we started Task 1 and on
which work still takes place and for which updates are still posted
using BFAV2.

2.  The BFAV server serves a useful purpose for the Task 1 group as a
sort of backstop in case we overlook the receipt of a new issue then an
occasional check of BFAV2 makes it fairly obvious.

Basically until all open issues have been moved to Mantis the BFAV
server must continue to allow new messages to be posted.  Once all open
issues have been moved then I almost certainly will turn off the
reception of new messages to the database.  However I expect that for
sometime to come I will leave the server up in 'read-only' mode where
you can still look at the old information, and even after that I expect
I will put the database up in compressed form somewhere so that if
something comes up it can still be looked at.

Ken