Fixing the look of squeak in 3.9.

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Jun 18 18:21:21 UTC 2005

Thumbs up overall... the contrast with the white pane background is
really nice.

The old style of having everything in the window a different shade of
one color (e.g. green) was getting pretty monotonous, that's just bad
graphic design.  Of course, I guess that look evolved over time.  It
might even be nice to change the scrollbars to be a separate,
contrasting color.

FYI, I think the solid color on the background windows is fine.
Although the transparent buttons do look odd, those could use some sort
of change.

If we incorporated it, I predict some would complain that you can't
resize the windows along the side or the bottom anymore, but I'm okay
with that.

Also, I can't tell by looking at the .mcz file whether this change is
for Squeak 3.7, or 3.8, or ..., which is frustrating.  Somehow the
window titles got changed back to bold... I tend to think the
BitStreamVeraSans bold font is just a bit too fat.

- Doug