Raw graphics performance

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:15:09 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Aran Lunzer <aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp> wrote:
> I narrowed it down to the speed of DisplayScreen>>forceToScreen:

You don't give the size of the desktop - for example, with 800 at 600 I
get 5ms, when Squeak's host window is maximized  (1400 by
1000-something screen), I get 15ms... (Dell Inspiron 5160 3.2GHz P4HT
GeForce 5200).

So I don't know what is causing your figures, but it is a bit hard to
reproduce (also: OS, exact image used, ... are missing).

I *guess* that the display chip is the largest variable here, after
all it needs to do all the actual copying of data.