SqueakSource Suggestion

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 07:17:59 UTC 2005

Adrian -

A very useful (and comparadly small) thing to do would be to make
projects accessible under a static URL. E.g., to access the Tweak
project at Impara I can give people the url
http://source.impara.de/Tweak.html instead of people having to wade
through pages and pages of stuff before they find some project. This is
probably my biggest complaint right now - not searching (since browsing
is close enough when I don't need to be very efficient) but *navigating*
to a project that you already know is painful. Just try to navigate to
the ToolBuilder project on squeaksource.com and consider how much easier
it would be if someone could just use
http://squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder.html

Also, consider just increasing the number of "entries per page"
(projects, members, packages) - the defaults are so low that it is even
impossible to use fulltext search (which is a great alternative to
having builtin search mechanisms). I think we have bumped this up to 50
entries per page at Impara but it seems even bumping this up to 100
wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Cheers,
   - Andreas