About Console Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Jun 28 03:44:19 UTC 2005

On 27-Jun-05, at 3:56 AM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I began with MUCHAS GRACIAS John  McIntosh , for great job integrating
> Services for OS X (and for kindly patient)
> .
> I could do TextEdit as some similar to a external Workspace.
>
> Any valid Squeak code works , only problem is what top window close
> (squeak
> continue on Dock)

Yes, the problem is that squeak as an application comes to the
foreground when it services
the Services request. This puts the original application requesting
the service to be hidden. Therefore
I hide Squeak to get the original application say (TextEdit) back.

I'm going to add, perhaps this week the ability to invoke a service
from Squeak. This is done by
identifying the Service Application and the service name and
supplying the data to be passed.

> Smalltalk size gives me 2393 for Squeak3.8-6665.image and 792 for
> SqueakLight (18.2 Mb vs 4.1 Mb).
>
> Now I asking help and ideas for Tiger domesticators.
> How could use Console for a external Workspace ?
> How could use Unix power (grep) from inside Squeak?
> Someone have a minimal window plus TCP socket code for OS X (C or C+
> +) ?
>
> Edgar

> 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
> Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo
> http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

===