[BUG] VMMaker/M17N/OSProcess issue

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jun 29 10:30:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:21:06AM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> David T. Lewis wrote:
> > Hmmm, that's not quite where I would like to be. If you have a chance,
> > would you mind running "OSProcess allTestResults" and mailing me a copy
> > of the resulting OSProcessTestResults-<platform>.txt file? I'm looking
> > to get zero errors and failures on a generic [Li|U]nux box, and some
> > indeterminate number of problems on an OS X box with Unix VM.
> Ok, attached.
>
> > Nowadays, Ian packages OSPP with all of his binary distributions, so
> > it's just a matter of loading OSProcess and CommandShell from SqueakMap.
> > That seems reasonably "out of the box" for a package that is still
> > quite platform dependent.
> Yup.
>
> > I'm not sure about the Debian packages.
> > I think that Lex puts these together (?) but I don't know what is
> > included.
> Now that I looked, I'm using the one by Lex. According to dpkg -L
> squeak-vm, it includes neither of OSPP and XDisplayControlPlugin.
>
> > [hmmm, come to think of it, I'll bet that you did not build an
> > XDisplayControlPlugin, and that's probably where those SUnit errors
> > are coming from]
> I didn't - that's probably it. I think that having a note in the SM
> entry that says "requires SmalltalkImage current listLoadedModules to
> include X,Y" would probably help here.

Thanks for sending the test results. I tried removing XDisplayControlPlugin
on my system, and I get the same results. So it looks like I have
failed to handle this dependency properly, and I definitely need to
document it as you suggest.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's amazing the things you can overlook
when you are trying to check your own work ;)

Dave