[BUG] VMMaker/M17N/OSProcess issue

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 30 01:15:57 UTC 2005

"David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I think that you do need to "generate all" if you add or remove
> plugins in VMMaker. There are some source files generated that
> specify what plugins are internal and external, most likely VMM
> does this only when you generate all the sources.
There's certainly bound to be a number of cases where some sort of
interlock is needed between various files. I know I can't have handled all
of them. Moving plugins around from internal to external is something that
gets very little exercise because pretty much nobody changes the setups
from one build to another. Andreas builds everything internal (I think),
John makes almost everything internal, I do everything external and Ian
probably does most internal. Moving a plugin to external and then
generating externals only will likely leave the generated 'plugin.int' out
of the picture - which seems reasonable since you haven't generated any of
the core and internal plugins yet. If you had previously (ie in the same
run ofVMMaker) generated the core+internal, it would probably work. If you
_then_ moved the plugin from internal to external I imagine it might blow
up interestingly.

In this case I think that configure is getting it wrong since an absent
plugin.int ought to tell it that there are no internal plugins to deal with.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful random insult:- Parents beat him with an ugly stick.