Making Squeak look like Windows

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Thu Jun 30 09:11:33 UTC 2005

Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I once saw a screenshot of Squeak that looked exactly like Windows. Since I'm using
> Squeak on Windows and switching all the time between it and Dolphin, the diffrences in
> the GUI get in my way all the time.
>
> How can I make it look and behave at least similar to Windows?

Well, poke around with the preferences. The first thing I always do is
make sure that the right mouse button shows context menus, and the
middle mouse button shows the Morph halos.

There was once a project called "Zurgle" which looked much like Windows
XP. I suspect you'll need an old 3.4 image to run it though.

Otherwise, if you're a Smalltalker then maybe you could contribute code
that makes Squeak look like Windows :-).

Michael.