[PDA] Squeak on WinCe

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 22:22:44 UTC 2005

Guillaume GRONDIN writes:

 > So if anyone succeed in compiling the VM, tell me how to do so, in order
 > to use large image files.

I compiled Yoshiki's VM a year or two ago. The trick is to
get the right version of Microsoft's embedded VisualStudio.
I think you want version three, it's definately the one that
matches WinCE 2002 not the latest that you need to compile it.

The VisualStudio debugger will not work with modern handhelds. It
doesn't work with my iPAQ2200 running WinCE 2003. But if you copy
the binaries across manually they will run.

Newer VisualStudio versions will debug on the device. I guess you
could upgrade the source to build. I just made the changes I needed.

There is a 3.7 VM for WinCE but I haven't used it. Googling may help.

Bryce