Magic update number in SMSimpleInstaller and SMSqueakMap class

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 1 18:33:59 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 8:50 pm, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   While the latter doesn't seem to be critical, the former prevents us
> from using it a customized image that has its own update stream.
>
>   Can the test in fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: be:
>
>   Smalltalk respondsTo: #changes
>
> or something?

We're already doing that in the MczInstaller:

useNewChangeSetDuring: aBlock
 | changeHolder oldChanges newChanges |
 changeHolder _ (ChangeSet respondsTo: #newChanges:)
      ifTrue: [ChangeSet]
      ifFalse: [Smalltalk].
 oldChanges _ (ChangeSet respondsTo: #current)
      ifTrue: [ChangeSet current]
      ifFalse: [Smalltalk changes].

 newChanges _ ChangeSet new name: (ChangeSet uniqueNameLike: self
extractPackageName).
 changeHolder newChanges: newChanges.
 [aBlock value] ensure: [changeHolder newChanges: oldChanges].

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/