Problem with running Squeak 3.7 as service on Win XP

Frank maillist at sonnemans.net
Wed Mar 2 16:26:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I used the method described in  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/105
to install squeak as a service under windows XP.

During the installation I get a message that the service was installed
successfully. However when the service is started I notice:

1. no icon in the tray

2. no response from the webserver (seaside application), which does
work when loading the image manually.

3. the log shows that the service was started with an empty command
line.

I enabled desktop interaction in the service control panel. After doing
this I get an error during service startup. The vm complains that the
image named "¡¡€¡£" (garbled string) cannot be started. Seems to me
that the image file name is not put on the command line during service
startup.

However a check on the services section in the registry shows that the
image is properly entered.

Any ideas to resolve this are very welcome as I am no windows expert.

Best Regards,

Frank