SqueakMap - "old" packages

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 3 08:40:23 UTC 2005

Am 03.03.2005 um 01:38 schrieb Markus Fritsche:

> Ruben Bakker wrote:
>> Hi Markus,
>> As I like to make sure that eCompletion doesn't cause you the
>> headache. So I like to reproduce the problem. What version of squeak
>> do you use and what versions of shout and eCompletion have you loaded?
>> What is the exact error you get?
>
> I'll reproduce it tomorrow (hopefully). AFAIC, the error shows if you
> have Compiler v64, the latest shout version, and the latest
> eCompletion version from SqueakMap loaded. If you'll try to accept an
> edited method which's variables aren't named properly (I'll have to
> admit that I'm to lazy to declare temps et al) (which usually brings
> up a menue which asks you if you wish to define them temp or instance
> based), the debugger shows up. Additionally, the 'where' feature in
> the debugger doesn't work properly, as it ignore the size of the
> comments, I think.

The compiler package should not cause any harm... actually, it's quite
useless, as it just installs some classes, but it does
not change the system to use them. All the code that patches the system
is contained in the package "ClosureCompiler".

Is the error only showing up with Compiler V64 installed?

      Marcus